Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Random Realization

Since I am apparently computer illiterate and can't manage to upload photos of my kids to share..I figure I'll share a story.
Allen and I had some friends over the other night and we cooked out... I was standing in the kitchen peeling what had to be my 45th potato and I said "Do you know what I just realized?" "We're adults.."
Note that it was not moving out of my parents' house, nor getting married, nor was it even having 2 kids that clued me in. It took me standing in the kitchen peeling potatoes for a cookout to come to this conclusion. It is strange though. I have my own house, my own car.. I have to pay bills and clean house and be responsible.. I'm raising children and building a marriage.. I have a job.. WHAT? When the heck did that happen? I suppose it is ludicrous that I am just now grasping this fact - but it just never occurred to me that I made the transition from being a child to being an adult. So weird.. and so very random I know - but I'm known for being nothing if not random.
Someone please come to my house ASAP and assist me with the picture situation - or else I will be forced to publish more stories of this nature and lose all hope of having blog followers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah!! you are blogging, welcome to the dark side!!! I feel your pain on the adult thing, and my feet feel it also after being on my feet for 120 hours:)