Friday, June 15, 2007

Chuck E Cheese

Last weekend we took the girls to Chuck E Cheese... an interesting experience. We at pizza, played games... and got our kid stuck in the skytube. Here's the story. After Ashlyn had ridden every ride twice and played every game, we ventured over to the skytube. Allen kept telling me "Kayla - I don't think she's old enough. She'll get lost and not know what to do" I kept insisting that she would be fine. She's never scared of anything and I figured she'd follow the other kids until she located the slide. So - she gets up there and is crawling around. We can see her in the little 'portholes' every few feet and she's laughing and trying to talk to us. After a few minutes I look at Allen and he is white as a sheet... he said "I'm sick, I'm scared" Sure enough right then we look up and Ashlyn has realized that we can't get her. She freaked out. She's looking around and also realized she's lost. She absolutely loses it at this point. ANd there we are - just looking at her thru the porthole. We can't get her - we can't talk to her, all we can do is motion and point what direction she should go. Finally I send Allen up to get her - of course this contraption is not made for an adult human and he gets stuck. So he resorts to yelling her name - she finally makes her way to his voice and we hoist her out of there. CRAP! Not only was I scared out of my mind, but my dadgum husband was right. I hate to admit that. Al - I should've listened.



I had to throw this in of Kenly- hold on kid, you'll be big enough to get lost with big sister soon!
She loved the talking mouse. She danced and talked to him all afternoon.


She thought she was tough in this rig.


Is this Allen's child or what? She looks just like him!



1 comment:

The Steffens said...

haha! Thats hilarous....I bet it was scary at the time! Britten always makes me climb up with her at McDonalds. I wish there was a picture of Allen stuck!