Tuesday, July 24, 2007

First Haircut and a Growing Baby!

Kenly is growing so fast, and it's killing me! She first rolled "tummy to back" on the 4th of July; then 2 weeks ago she started rolling back to tummy and she's rolling EVERYWHERE now. She has also started laughing and giggling; it's hilarious. I know it's only been 2 years since Ashlyn was this age but I just forgot how quickly it all goes by.

Kenly is quite taken with the Bumbo chair - she finally sits comfortably in it without being a bobble head! I think this is also the best "Roger" picture I have of her - those who knew him, does she not look JUST like him?? GREAT STUFF!

It seems that Diva Ashlyn cannot handle me taking pictures of Kenly alone. EVERY time I grab the camera and take a quick shot I hear "MOMMY, pictures of me, TOOOOOO"
Yes, your Majesty! Ok - so on to the haircut. Yes, I know that it is ridiculous that my kid is 2 and half and hasn't had her first hair cut. But it must be understood that she didn't have ANY hair until she was a little over 1. I think it's taken this long because Allen and I just couldn't bear to cut what took so long to grow in the first place!! However a few weekends ago I decided to bite the bullet... the ends of her hair were super blonde and were still baby hair, and it was always tangled. So I made the appointment and off we went. I did grab a before picture for good measure!

This is before...

Ashlyn blew us away with how well behaved she was. She sat super still, didn't cry or whine once and she did everything the girl asked her to do. We were so proud - Allen took her for a celebratory ice cream when it was over!



I only got a few "after" shots because I didn't like the way the chick styled it - I will post more later of the new and improved Ashlyn hair. NO MORE MULLET!!!!




Excuse the sideways picture - I'm slowly going out of my mind. (Is that a line in a country song?)




1 comment:

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

They are both so cute! I love the picture of Ashlyn with her sunglasses on. And Kenly does favor Roger a lot! How neat to have a little piece of your dad in your daughter. :-)