Monday, July 16, 2007

Adventures in Hookah

Ahh, the Hookah. I've wanted to "Hookah" for quite some time (ever since I saw it on a Real World episode years ago). I even found a Hookah bar in Amarillo and swore I would make the drive one weekend to try it out. Then, 2 weeks ago I discovered there was no need for me to leave town; for folks, right here in your very own Lubbock, TX there is a quaint and delightful little Hookah bar. In passing, Jessica mentioned having gone to the aforementioned Hookah dive and I almost fell out of my chair I was so jazzed! We then set a date and Saturday was it. From the moment we opened the door I was in love. There were cute and comfy couches, little bistro tables, and a menu chock-full of every possible Hookah flavor any human could want. Jessica and I decide to try Apple, and soon after ordering - the Hookah, in all its glory, was delivered to our perch and thus began my Hookah adventure. There were many laughs and great stories and delicious smoke aplenty. I can't wait to go again!

For those who might not know, "Hookah" is simply flavored tobacco smoke. There is no nicotine (I don't believe) and certainly no other mind altering agents in the stuff... Responsible for a 24 year old mom to smoke this for 3 hours? Probably not - but a great experience none the less!


Jessica and the Hookah... YUM!
I kept imagining myself in India sitting on a corner road learning how to charm snakes from a local... and I probably shouldn't share things like that, I'm already weird enough!

The Hookah....
I've got a lot to catch up on, I just have no time lately. I will try and get this thing up to date soon... Am I already a blog-failure??
P.S. I have NO clue why this entire entry is underlined. I have now puzzled over my toolbar options for a very unreasonable amount of time to no avail. I do apologize...



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome. Thanks for the info!
I didn't know there was a hookah bar in Lubbock. I'll have to go there sometime when I'm down there.