Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sweet girls..

















We've had a great night at the McMillan house... Ashlyn played in her new Dora tent, Kenly rolled around in her new *contraption* and Mommy sat back and enjoyed it all! I did have a very serious conversation with Ashlyn tonight. It consisted of her explaining to me (all very matter-of factly) that birds fly to the moon, that her pink chair was on the moon - but she can't reach the moon - then she told me that her cousins Kaylee and Courtney could see the moon. The things that go on in that little head of hers make me laugh.
We've had a little jealousy around here in the last month or so. I think the fact that Kenly has a personality and is more mobile has been hard for Ashlyn to understand. I think we're on the other side of that for now though - as Ashlyn is back to being the caretaker. If Kenly cries Ashlyn RUNS to her screaming "I check her, Mommy!" I watched them playing tonight and it's amazing how Kenly's eyes light up any time Ashlyn is near. She already adores and looks up to her big sister and you can tell she just can't wait to run around and get into trouble with her. This is all still very new to me - the sibling bond is still such a foreign concept, but I love that I'm learning about it and witnessing it with my girls!





No comments: