Thursday, September 13, 2007

The joys and pains of motherhood...

I am amazed every day by motherhood. I was rocking Kenly to sleep tonight, and for the first time in a long time I was able to just *be* with her. No distractions. Just me and my second child rocking in harmony. I am blown away once again with the bond that exists between mother and child. She laid there across my chest peaceful, breathing softly and holding my finger in that precious little hand, and all was good with the world. It was a perfect moment. I sat there and just breathed her in, studied all of her little baby parts and tried to burn those pictures into my memory. She wasn't phased by my scatterbrained and stressed out and anxious mood - she just clinged on to me and wanted me to hold her, and of course sweet silent moments like these are what make being a mom so magical.

Now on to the "pains"...
I've been teaching Ashlyn to "shake her booty" (because we all know how imperitive it is for all 2 year olds to have this skill).. so we were shakin' it in the living room and I pinched Ashlyn and told her "you have such a cute little booty." She's in the copy-cat phase of life and promptly walked around behind me, pinched me and said "You have a cute little booty." Then she said "Mom, it's not little, it's BIG. Mine is little, yours is big"

Cute, Ashlyn. Reeeeaaaaal Cute. I just hope she doesn't take to letting complete stranger know how she feels about the size of their behinds; because I will not handle those situations appropriately. Rather than scold her - I feel that I will probably say something like "Well, we've taught her to be honest..." and then I will get punched in the face..... Nope. It's no good.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Such a sweet, sweet story. Oh, and me and my behind will not be coming anywhere near your house for awhile. I do not need your two year old judging us (us behing me and the behind).