Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Afternoon Triumphs

So – since I’ve been birthing babies for the last 2 ½ years I’ve (obviously) put on a *few pounds here and there. I am just now beginning to shed a little of the excess weight, and that’s only because these two offspring refuse to feed and clothe and potty and bathe themselves; leaving me to run around haplessly (I have absolutely no clue if I used that word in the correct context…whatever) and tend to them. So – here I am at work in my ridiculously uncomfortable desk crossing and uncrossing my legs, raising and lowering my seat and trying just about anything to achieve a position in which I can function for the next 4 hours when I think “Wonder if I can sit Indian-style in the office chair again?”

I am happy to report that after some serious huffing and puffing and awkward assistance from a guy down the hall I have warped and maneuvered and twisted my body into the Indian style position – in my office chair. (Cue the Hallelujah chorus) I’m not letting this accomplishment go unnoticed either. I am finding any excuse to lure random passers-by into my office so that they might notice this feat and be tricked into thinking “Kayla must be really skinny if she can sit Indian Style in her office chair.” I have also decided that I will not remove myself from this position until 5:00 p.m. for a couple of reasons.

1) I’m not sure that I can be untwisted and unmangled from this chair by any means short of something surgical.
2) It took some serious effort to get here, I will damned if I get up simply because my bladder is about to explode (or other such nonsense)

I realize that at this point 95% of you are thinking; “it must suck to be a big girl and get excited over something this dumb” …. And you are correct – it pretty much does suck – but hey – if it weren’t for us big girls, you little ones wouldn’t look so good!


*By “a few” I mean “A whole lot”

No comments: