Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"Shut-Up You Little Nerds"

I was on a conference call today with a loan officer and his assistant who were both using insanely large words and fancy schmancy banker talk to try and convince me to *alter* the terms of a loan. I wasn't budging, I knew they were wrong, and after a few minutes of their continued pleading the thought popped in my head; "Shut-Up You Little Nerds." Why that phrase you ask?? Let me explain.
I don't remember a whole lot about my childhood/adolescense, but I do remember one particular teacher very well. I believe her name was Ms. Thomas and she was our 8th grade science teacher. I remember that she always sold us those giant pickles in class and that she would say quite regularly "Shut-Up You Little Nerds" I think I realize now why she sold the pickles (aside from the fact that I'm almost positive she pocketed the money).

A bunch of 8th graders+giant pickles shoved in their throats=silence. Smart woman. Now I must figure out how to shove giant pickles in a few choice loan officer's mouths.

P.S. All you Slatonites out there - do you remember this lady? Was it Ms. Thomas?

2 comments:

Lee said...

Why do I have a feeling you secretly hate me because of my title at the bank...

Kayla said...

You are a very intuitive human, Officer Horn.
=)