Sunday, November 4, 2007

This One's for You, Cami

Friday night, Ms. Cami invited me to see her perform in the Cactus Theatre's latest production of "Smoke on the Mountain," and, as always, I was blown away by her talent. She commands the attention of her audience. The entire cast is extremely talented - with regular Lubbock stars such as Kenny Maines and Jane Prince-Jones, but I found myself forgetting anyone else was on stage. When I think back on each of Cami's numerous roles I realize that she's always been this way. She has the ability to take on her character entirely; so much so that I forget that I'm watching Cami. I will NEVER forget her performance in Honky Tonk Angels. I've never laughed so hard in all my life - she just owns what she does. I've been blessed to know Cami as well as the entire Caldwell family for many years and I love what they have done and continue to do with Lubbock's music and entertainment industry. There is an outrageous amount of talent in this town that would go unnoticed if it weren't for the efforts of these guys.
Also, Cami informed me that she reads this little blog from time to time, and instructed me to post a little more frequently.
I would love to say that I only post on this thing to get thoughts off of my chest, remember important events and keep distant friends and family in the loop - but who are we kidding, here? I wouldn't have claimed this space on the WORLD WIDE web had I not intended upon having blog readers; followers; stalkers, if you will. So the fact that Cami - someone I love and admire, but don't get to see or talk to nearly enough - stops by to read my ridiculous tales makes me very very happy. Furthermore - I found out that someone else very near and dear to my heart is keeping up with my jottings (love that word; jottings).... and that pretty much rocks my world...
So - I'm going to refocus and post on this thing more often. As always I will have to be a Mommy blogger from time to time and put a picture or two of the offspring up... also it's getting awfully close to Christmas and anyone who knows me knows that there are ALWAYS exciting tales to be told around this time of year. What with Christmas crafts gone terribly wrong to candy making fiascos - there is a lot to jot (again, love that word) about. For those who don't know me well (or who haven't been around me during a previous Christmas Season) I will warn you now; I'm absolutely CRAZY about Christmas... I've already broken out the Christmas tunes and have, once again, begun to beg Allen to "Let me put the Christmas decorations out already, PLEASE, because one month is simply not enough." This pleading will no doubt result in the same "compromise" as it always does... which means that until the day after Thanksgiving you won't see so much as red and green crayons inside the house, but by golly if you walk out into the garage there'll be a Christmas Wonderland in full effect. I can't help myself. I'm rambling - I've jumped from topic to topic.. lost my point (again) (shocking)... so I guess that means I'm done.

P.S. ROCK ON TIME CHANGE. I feel if I had one extra hour every day I would get, well, exactly 60 more minutes of crap done.

P.S.S Kenly's 2nd tooth in a week has cut through... she's grumpy...but teething tablets are hands down the best invention known to man. Next to the wheel, of course.

That is all...

(you hope)

No comments: